Employee recognition is an important part of any company. Businesses that have high performing employees tend to outperform others that do not. However, appreciation does not fall on just one individual. Everyone in that company can take part and improve the overall relationship between employee and employer. Therefore some quotes about employee recognition could be helpful.
If you want to learn more on employee recognition, check out our articles Why employee recognition is important and How to improve employee recognition.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some quotes about employee recognition from prominent authors in these categories:
Inspiring quotes on employee recognition
These quotes can be used to inspire and motivate employees, while also highlighting the importance of acknowledging and rewarding the efforts of each team member.
1. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one,” by Oscar Wilde
2. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle .” by Steve Jobs
3. “Recognition is the fuel that every employee needs to succeed,” by Richard Branson
4. “The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra,” by Jimmy Johnson
5. “Recognition is not about rewards, it’s about respect,” by Maya Angelou
6. “The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked what I thought, and attended to my answer,” by Henry David Thoreau
7. “The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own,” by Benjamin Disraeli
8. “The best way to appreciate your employees is to listen to them,” by Stephen Covey
9. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well, ” by Voltaire
10. “Recognition is the currency that employees use to feel appreciated and valued,” by Harvey Mackay
With appropriate inspiration, you can develop your potential and become more motivated. But, if you are working in a workplace that does not inspire you, then you will never reach your full potential.
Therefore keep these quotes in mind – both as a leader and employee.
Motivating quotes on employee recognition
Once the employee gets the recognition they deserve, productivity and engagement rises. Everybody seeks recognition for the hard work that they’ve done. These motivating quotes about employee recognition may point your company culture in the right direction.
1. “Recognition is the greatest motivator,” by Ken Blanchard
2. “Recognition is the fuel that powers the engine of success,” by Zig Ziglar
3. “Appreciate everything your associates do for the business. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They ‘re absolutely free and worth a fortune.” by Sam Walton
4. “Recognition is the most basic form of leadership communication,” by John C. Maxwell
5. “Recognition is a key element of successful leadership,” by Bill Gates
6. “Keep your eyes open and try to catch people in your company doing something right, then praise them for it,” by Tom Hopkins
7 . “Employee recognition programs help build a culture of appreciation,” by Richard Branson
8. “Recognition is the key to unlocking the best in people and organizations,” by Stephen Covey
9. “Nothing is more effective than sincere, accurate praise, and nothing is more lame than a cookie-cutter compliment,” by Bill Walsh
10. “Recognition is the core of employee engagement, ” by Tony Robbins
11. “Employees who report receiving recognition and praise within the last seven days show increased productivity, get higher scores from customers, and have better safety records. They’re just more engaged at work.” by Tom Rath
12. “A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better,” by Jim Rohn
Hopefully these quotes about employee recognition were useful for your company culture!
Read more quotes in our other article Quotes about company culture where you will find some advice from world known and successful CEOs.