The attitudes and actions of a company and its employees are referred to as its “company culture.” It is clear from how employees engage with one another, from the principles they uphold, and from the choices they make. Quotes about company culture could not only motivate your employees but also become a part of your company’s culture as well.
If you want to learn more on company culture, read our articles on the subject such as Why company culture is important and How to improve company culture.
However in this article we have compiled company culture quotes in the following categories:
- Quotes from successful CEOs
- Inspiring quotes about company culture
- Company culture quotes about hard work
- Quotes based on inclusivity
- Quotes about innovation in the workplace
Hope you enjoy and find these quotes helpful!
quotes from successful CEOs
Success is what every company strives for. Those who actually succeed are the ones others get inspired from. Therefore their words of wisdom and inspiration are very valuable. So here are some of the world’s most successful CEOs and their quotes.
1. Richard Branson – founder of the Virgin Group
The first quote is from Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group. He said,
Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to.Richard Branson
This quote emphasizes the importance of creating a positive culture that makes employees feel appreciated and valued. It also encourages employers to invest in their employees and provide them with the resources and training they need to succeed.
2. Steve Jobs – cofounder of Apple
The second quote is from Steve Jobs, the former CEO of Apple. He said,
The only way to do great work is to love what you do.Steve Jobs
This quote speaks to the importance of having a passion for the work you do and creating a culture that encourages that passion. It’s important to remember that it’s not just about doing the work, it’s about enjoying it and growing from it.
3. Walt Disney – an animator, film producer and entrepreneur
The third quote is from Walt Disney, founder of The Walt Disney Company. He said,
You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.Walt Disney
This quote speaks to the importance of having a team of people that work together and are passionate about what they do. It’s important to create a culture that encourages collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
4. Bill Gates – cofounder of Microsoft
Next, we’ll look at a quote from Bill Gates:
A great company culture is built on trust and respect.Bill Gates
This quote highlights the importance of trust and respect between team members and the organization as a whole. A strong culture of trust and respect ensures that everyone feels valued and respected, which can lead to increased productivity, engagement, and loyalty.
5. Thomas Edison – inventor and businessman
Let’s look at a quote from Thomas Edison:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.Thomas Edison
This quote is a reminder that hard work is often necessary in order to achieve success. It’s also a reminder that success doesn’t always come easy, and that it requires dedication and effort. This quote is not only applicable to companies, but to individuals as well.
6. Tony Hsieh – CEO of Zappos
Finally, we’ll consider a quote from Tony Hsieh:
Culture isn’t just one thing – it’s the collective behavior of everyone in the organization.Tony Hsieh
This quote reminds us that culture is a result of the collective behavior of all employees, from the top down. A strong culture is built on the values, behaviors, and beliefs of everyone in the organization, and it can have a great impact on the success of the business.
It is always inspiring to hear from people that have built their own success. Therefore we hope these quotes inspire you too.
Inspiring quotes about company culture
Every company can get settled into a routine that after a while can get too underwhelming. In order to keep the company culture alive and your employees productive, remind them of why it all matters. Here are some inspiring company culture quotes to read.
1. “Culture is the invisible force that binds a company together and makes it thrive,” by Patrick Lencioni
2. “Values drive culture, and culture drives performance,” by Jack Welch
3. “Culture isn’t just one aspect of the game – it is the game,” by Lou Gerstner
4. “Company culture is the only sustainable competitive advantage that is completely within the control of the entrepreneur,” by David Cummings
5. “Creating a culture of success is hard work, but it’s worth it in the end,” by Mark Zuckerberg
6. “The culture of any organization is shaped by the worst behavior the leader is willing to tolerate,” by Colin Powell
7. “Culture is the soul of the organization, it’s the personality that your team and customers recognize,” by Tony Hsieh
8. “Company culture is not something that can be imposed; it must be cultivated with intention,” by Adam Grant
9. “Culture is the only thing that matters when it comes to a successful business,” by Steve Jobs
10. “You can change strategy, tactics, processes, organization, people, and products, but the only thing that remains constant is culture,” by John C. Maxwell
Company culture quotes about hard work
Company leaders must reassure staff members that their work is valued and vital in order to get everyone to give it their best shot. The whole company culture is strongly built on productivity and hard work. Here are some reminders of why it will all be worth it in the end.
1. “A company’s culture is the only sustainable competitive advantage that is completely within the control of the entrepreneur,” by John O’Leary
2. “Culture is not just one aspect of the game, it is the game,” by Lou Gerstner
3. “When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute,” by Simon Sinek
4. “Culture is the ultimate competitive advantage,” by Bill Gates
5. “Culture is the invisible force that drives success,” by Steve Jobs
6. “A company’s culture is the foundation of its success,” by Scott Cook
7. “A strong culture is the only way to create long-term success,” by Richard Branson
8. “Culture is the sum of all the choices we make each day,” by Simon Sinek
9. “Culture eats strategy for breakfast,” by Peter Drucker
10. “Culture trumps strategy every time,” by Tom Peters
11. “Culture is the shared values, beliefs, and behaviors of a group,” by John Mackey
12. Culture is the thing that drives the behavior in your organization,” by Tony Hsieh
13. “Culture is what remains after you have forgotten everything you said and did,” by Peter Senge
14. “Culture is the glue that binds us together,” by Jim Collins
Inspiration is important in the workplace, especially if you’ve worked there for a while already. These are reminders to all of us that company culture is built to inspire too.
quotes based on inclusivity
Diversity in the workplace can result from differences in race, culture, religion, and a range of other things. Inclusion is the process of ensuring that individuals with various differences feel connected to and supported by the organization. So here are some quotes on inclusivity.
1. “If a company wants to create an environment of inclusion, it starts with the culture they create. If you create a culture of respect and appreciation, everyone will feel like they belong.” by Seth Godin
2. “Creating a culture of inclusion starts with valuing the unique perspectives and abilities of every employee,” by Sheryl Sandberg
3. “The only way to build a truly inclusive workplace is to intentionally create a culture of inclusion,” by Tonya Rapley
4. “Organizations should strive to create an environment of inclusion, where everyone feels respected and valued, regardless of their background or identity,” by Brené Brown
5. “Inclusion is not a destination, it’s a journey. It’s about creating a culture where everyone ’s voice is heard and respected,” by Robin DiAngelo
6. “Inclusion starts at the top. Leaders must create an environment of acceptance, appreciation, and respect for all employees,” by Jack Welch
7. “When we listen and celebrate what is both common and different, we become wiser, more inclusive, and better as an organization,” by Pat Wadors
8. “Inclusion is not a matter of political correctness. It is the key to growth,” by Jesse Jackson
9. “A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone,” by Sundar Pichai
10. “If you haven’t hired a team of people who are of color, female, and/or LGBT to actively turn over every stone, to scope out every nook and cranny, to pop out of every bush, to find every qualified underrepresented founder in this country, you’re going to miss out on a lot of money when the rest of the investment world gets it.” by Arlan Hamilton
11. “The path to diversity begins with supporting, mentoring, and sponsoring diverse women and men to become leaders and entrepreneurs,” by Denise Morrison
12. “Our diversity is our strength. What a dull and pointless life it would be if everyone was the same.” by Angelina Jolie
If company culture is aware of inclusivity, then it’s value is automatically much higher. Hopefully these quotes can be helpful in realizing that.
quotes about innovation in the workplace
Business innovation is a huge part that can contribute to an organization’s success. A particular mindset and set of procedures must be in place for a business to be truly open to new ideas in order for it to be considered creative.
Here are quotes on innovation that could be useful to your company culture.
1. “A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock pile when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind,” by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
2. “Money never starts an idea; it is the idea that starts the money,” by William J. Cameron
3. “Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation, in its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.” by J. K. Rowling
4. “When all think alike, then no one is thinking,” by Walter Lippmann
5. “What is the calculus of innovation? The calculus of innovation is really quite simple: Knowledge drives innovation, innovation drives productivity, productivity drives economic growth.“ by William Brody
6. “If you look at history, innovation doesn’t come just from giving people incentives; it comes from creating environments where their ideas can connect.“ by Steven Johnson
7. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” by Albert Einstein
8. “I believe you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate,“ by Jeff Bezos
9. “You can’t solve a problem on the same level that it was created. You have to rise above it to the next level.” by Albert Einstein
10. “Innovation is seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought,” by Dr. Albert, Szent- Györgyi
Hopefully you’ve enjoyed these quotes and found them to be helpful!
Let us know if there is a good quote that we have missed out on!