Organizational communication is something that many of us have struggled with at some point in our careers. We have all had those conversations where we either said something that we shouldn’t have or didn’t say anything at all. To improve communication in your company, starting with quotes about communication can be useful.
Communication is not only a part of a company’s everyday actions, but it is also a part of a company culture. Meaning it creates a space for every employee to be the best at their job as they can be. Communication is at the root of everything.
In this article we have compiled a list of some of our favorite quotes about communication in the workplace in the following categories:
Let’s dive in!
Inspiring quotes about communication
Let’s start off with some inspirational quotes about communication in the workplace. These will both inspire and give you any ideas on what workplace communication is really about.
1. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place,” by George Bernard Shaw
2. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said,” by Peter Drucker
3. “The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice,” by Brian Herbert
4. “The art of communication is the language of leadership,” by James Humes
5. “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak,” by Hans Hofmann
6. “The way you communicate an idea is the key to its success,” by Stephen Covey
7. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place,” by George Bernard Shaw
8. “Successful communication is not about what you say but how you say it,” by Robert Greene
9. “The most important thing in communication is to hear what is not being said,” by Peter Drucker
10. “The ability to express an idea is well developed when it is presented in clear and concise language,” by John F. Kennedy
11. “Audiences forget facts but they remember stories. Once you get past the jargon, the corporate world is an endless source of fascinating stories.” by Ian Griffin
12. “Communicate everything you can to your associates. The more they know the more they’ll care. Once they care, there’s no stopping them.” by Sam Walton
13. “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.” by Ernest Hemingway
14. “Communicate unto the other person that you would want him to communicate unto you if your positions were reversed,” by Aaron Goldman
15. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships,” by Michael Jordan
Inspiration and communication are the foundation for any successful project. When we feel as if we are inspired, we feel motivated and work on tasks with renewed enthusiasm. When we communicate, we are able to share ideas and work together to accomplish our goals.
We can only hope these quotes were helpful and inspiring to you!
Funny quotes about business communication
Although it is something we all do, communication can also be rather hilarious in some circumstances. Things are sometimes misconstrued or misunderstood. Thankfully, it doesn’t happen often. Nevertheless, we can readily find humor in it.
1. “Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of a witness,” by Margaret Miller
2. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place,” by George Bernard Shaw
3. “Business communication is like a river of words – some flow, some don’t,” by unknown
4. “Early to bed and early to rise probably indicates unskilled labor,” by John Ciardi
5. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary,” by Vidal Sassoon
6. “Business communication is like a dance, the steps are often repeated, but the music changes,” by unknown
7. “Organizational communication is like an orchestra – many instruments must be played in harmony to produce the desired sound,” by unknown
8. “Business communication is like an elevator – you can take it up or down, but the ride will be much smoother if you know where you’re going.” by unknown
9. “Two monologues do not make a dialogue,” by Jeff Daly
10. “If I am to speak for ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am ready now.” by Woodrow Wilson
11. “The Internet is the most important single development in the history of human communication since the invention of call waiting, ” by Dave Barry
12. “When all other means of communication fail, try words,” by anonymous
We hope you enjoyed these quotes on communication and found them helpful!
If you want to see some other quotes on company culture or engagement, check out our articles Quotes about company culture and Quotes about employee recognition.
Let us know if we missed any of your favorite quotes that we can add on!